Meeting the marine ecology needs of your renewable energy project
The Thomson Ecology marine division has extensive experience of marine surveys and sampling.
We offer a complete marine ecology service to the renewables sector:
- marine ecological impact assessments
- marine, estuarine and freshwater surveys
- macrobenthic surveys: intertidal and subtidal
- fish surveys
- ornithological surveys
- marine mammal licensed surveys
- biotope mapping
- taxonomy software and data analysis
The Thomson Ecology marine division was involved in the first windfarm development in UK, including an investigation into likely effects of the development and potential for monopile invertebrate communities, and has remained involved in the monitoring prgramme. Read this example of our work here.